Monday, July 1, 2013

I'm Realy Good With Animals... And Children

Somehow a terrible magic is created when I am mixed with children and animals. Like a chemistry experiment that will always explode in your face.

These chemicals don't mix y'all!

Let me illustrate my point with another delightful example. (Then seriously go back and click that link because I traumatized that poor kid.)

When I worked in Utah with the teenage girls we would have to drive around in those huge 15 passenger vans to accommodate all of the people. So imagine if you will: I'm driving, my employee is sitting in the seat next to me and behind me are TEN girls between the ages of 13 and 17.

And then I HIT A BIRD.

Smack! Right on my windshield.

The entire van erupted in screams. I was completely shocked but the girls went nuts. (As teenage girls are wont to do.) They lost it. Everyone was yelling out advice. Girls were crying. And this poor little bird was stuck in my windshield wiper.

Why I didn't stop the car and get it off, I have no idea. I panicked. I slowed my speed to about 10 mph but I didn't stop. That just didn't seem to make sense to me.

But you know what DID make sense?

Turning on the windshield wipers of course. That will surely dislodge the creature from it's ensnarement.

So I turned it on.

That pathetic little thing streaked right across the glass to a chorus of frantic screams behind me. Then, as the wipers came back down to rest the crumple of a bird was dragged back down.

The girls lost it.

Finally my employee pulled herself together enough to say, "Everyone stop screaming. Savannah, just stop driving."

Oh, right.

So I stopped the car. Everyone stopped screaming. And the bird...

The bird made a little hop to right itself and then flew away.

The bird was unscathed.

The girls however...

They have the image burned into their minds of Tweety being smeared across the window.

I'm just the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment