Monday, July 8, 2013

I'm a Good Friend... I Am!!


I find myself trying really hard to be friends with my friends who don't seem to want to be my friend.

Know what I'm talking about?

For example. I moved to New York about 3 years ago and since then a LOT of my friends have been to the city; either on vacations, for business, or for school. Every time one of them posts on Facebook that they are coming I am always sure to comment about getting together with them. I thought that was just what friends do.

"Hey! Let's do lunch."
"We should grab a drink while you're here."
"Yay! I miss you. Let's meet up. I can show you around."

Friends just do that, right? It's not.. like... desperate... right?

But then, I don't ever see them while they are in New York.

What I DO see is them posting things around the city, the sights they are visiting, and the things they are eating. It really chaps my ass when they post complaints or struggles in New York and I think CALL ME AND I'LL HELP YOU!!

Of my friends who have come to New York the only ones I've ever actually seen were ones who contacted me LONG before posting on Facebook that they were coming.

--Maybe this is a Facebook issue?--

The bottom line is that I'm feeling a little sad today thinking about my friends who have traveled across country, over oceans, or maybe just through multiple states and are so close, yet they don''t even call and squeeze me in for coffee?

But also maybe I do it, too?

I know that whenever I go back to Utah I always see as many people as I can but there are still people who will contact me and I don't have time for them. Do we all just have too many friends? Are we all terrible to each other? Can we not just make time to get a cupcake together?

What do you guys think about this? Maybe I'm feeling a little blue and missing my friends. Maybe I don't think my friends love me as much as I love them.

Hey, you guys, I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment